[cdt-l] Re: southbounders

Hey Mike,

I must have missed you by about a day. I was doing the section from I15
(Deer Lodge Pass) to Storm Lake, but I headed up the Tenmile drainage (just
the other side of the divide from Mill Creek) then dropped down to Lake of
the Isle (not Isabelle Lake as you noted) and Twin Lakes.

The people that have trouble finding the Twin Lake trail are often day
hikers and may not have the route finding skills of a thruhiker.  And the
trail is difficult to locate from the new logging roads, but maybe it has
been signed recently. I just think there is a more direct route that is not
shown on the map and it gets you off the highway sooner. Some weekend I'll
try to get on the mountain bike and map out the new roads and see if the
route is shorter.  For a northbounder, it is easy to describe - heading
north from Twin Lakes, cross a new logging road after 1 1/2 miles and stay
on the old jeep trail. After another mile, cross the same new logging road,
which you can turn right (east) on and this will eventually take you to Hwy
1. That was a couple of years ago and there maybe a few new roads since then.

The Storm Lake Road route is easy to find, but leaves you on the highway
for an extra ~4 miles and the Storm Lake Road probably receives more traffic.

Jeff