Subject: RE: [cdt-l] New Mexico Routes in winter
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:39:51 -0400
From: "Karl L. Luce" <kluce154159MI@comcast.net>
To: cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net

Hi Jintra (or confused?),

I am looking into alternate routes through the Gila as well, as backups if
the water is too high in the spring.  The Gila Wilderness (USFS) map
indicate a number of alternative routes that (for the most part) stay away
from the West and Middle Forks.  And at least two run the plateau above and
between the West Forks, keeping your feet dry all the way to the road
between the Visitor Center and the Dwellings themselves.   They all look
bone dry and boring.  Take Jonathan's advice and try to go for the Gila.
You can always warm up at the springs!

Karl