[cdt-l] Wildness of the CDT

>>Mags, I'm not sure what you mean by "fairly wild"?

I probably should clarify that statement. When I say
fairly wild, I mean a trail that is more a route than
a trail. CDT markers seem to be mixed blessing. On one
hand, it makes for a marked trail. And, as it has been
 pointed out to me, a marked trail is easier to
protect.

OTOH, the allure of the CDT is that it IS more of a
route than a trail. Where a hiker can almost say
"there be dragons" and find out what is around the
next bend for themselves. In my brief time back in
Colorado, have already done a fair amount of hiking.
Was surprised to see the CDT markers where there
weren't before.

>>If you're talking numbers, I can't see many more
>>people doing it until

I forsee more people attempting it. Staying on it for
a length of time may be a different story.

>>met briefly), a bunch of atv'ers and mountain bikers
>>in your home state,

I wasn't aware that the CDT went through Rhode Island.
:-P

(Ducks and runs away cause I damn well know what Sly
meant... :D)

>>no one... yeah.

2000 miles of no one sounds good!

>>CDT, it ain't for everyone!

I'll find out in 1 1/2 years. I am hoping that since I
prefer to hike solo and try to limit my stay in towns
that the CDT is for me. We shall see!

=====