From: "Jason Mulkey" <turtle_mud@yahoo.com>
To: <cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Cc: "Steven Martin" <troubadour@pcthiker.com>; "Jennifer Plaut"
<jplaut0@lycos.com>; "Adelia Brown" <adelia@alumni.brown.edu>; "Jessica
Intrator" <jintra72@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 11:39 AM
Subject: [cdt-l] Re: CDT Journal sites

Ken & Marcia,

Troubadour and I stopped keeping journals when we were
having a difficult time through the San Juans.  We
took notes, and planned to catch up once the trail got
a little "easier" in New Mexico, but oddly enough, it
never really got easier!  I know Troubadour was
planning to update his journal and websites once he
got settled in.  I'm also putting together my journals
and some pictures on a website though it probably wont
be complete until the New Year:

http://www.geocities.com/turtle_mud/index.html

Sly: that list sounds right to me.  Adelia also hiked
on the CDT this year, and we saw entries from the
Waffle King? from time to time (Southbound).  Also,
Allen Stibora hiked parts of Wyoming and New Mexico.

Our border episode:

Border patrolman: "Why were you taking pictures of
us?"
Team fun: "Well, we weren't taking pictures of you, we
were taking pictures because . . . "
Border patrolman: "Have you ever heard of Terrorism?"
Team fun: "Uh . . . "
Border patrolman: "Do you know who develops your
film?"
Turtle: "Wal-Mart?"
Border patrolman: "Do you think this is funny?"
Troubadour (w/ poker face): "No sir, this is not funny
at all."
Border patrolman: "Into the room!  All of you!"

-I would relate what happened in "the room", but fear
that Mr. Ashcroft may somehow get ahold of this.
Suffice to say, Troubadour does not have a criminal
record, and Jen managed to supress the urge to press
the "MMMM . . . BURGER" button on her Burger King
talking Homer Simpson's watch (aquired in Demming)
during a particularly tense moment.  Had she done
this, I may not be here to write this e-mail today.

We were safely released merely half an hour later, and
told to "burn our negatives" after we developed our
film.

Happy holidays everyone,
Turtle (not my real name)

=====