[cdt-l] CDT in '04

In a message dated 12/19/2002 12:11:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pmags@yahoo.com writes:

> It is a spill over effect. More people do the AT..so
> more do the PCT..so more do the CDT. Figure I want to
> do it while it is still fairly wild. Hope it retains
> this character.

Mags, I'm not sure what you mean by "fairly wild"?

If you're talking numbers, I can't see many more people doing it until it's
completley marked.  That's going to take a while.  It's not the hardest trail
in the world, but for the most part you *always* have to be thinking.

Except for the more popular wilderness areas, the big 2 national parks, the
other 18 thru-hikers we talked to briefly, the dozen or so CT hikers (also
met briefly), a bunch of atv'ers and mountain bikers in your home state,
there wasn't anyone there!. That's over 2000 miles of no one... yeah.

Of course, that's not counting 1000's of elk and other abundances of
wildlife.  You name it, it's out there, but as the saying goes....  the CDT,
it ain't for everyone!

Sly