[cdt-l] CDT in '04

--

In a message dated 12/17/2002 4:09:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pmags@yahoo.com writes:

> A fair amount of people I know plan on being on
> thru-hiking the CDT in '04.  Seems like it will be
> "big" year (relatively speaking) in terms of people
> doing the trail. But a long can change in 1 1/2 yrs.

How many do you figure are hiking Mags?  2002 was also a BIG year!

I'd say there were about 2 dozen of us on the trail at any one time.  I think
prior to this year, the most that hiked in any given year was maybe around a
dozen.

One "record" I don't see being broken for long time is 11 thru-hikers in the
same town, at once!  Leadore, ID.  Nice place, not much there, but the people
were real friendly, as long as you didn't use the "E" word or act like a
touron.

Strangely enough, I think I saw as many stars from Leadore as any other place
on the trail.

Hey, while I'm at it, I'd like to thank Jonathan for sending money to the
restuarant in Leadore to buy milkshakes for all of this years thru-hikers.
What a surprise!

Sly  (who would *like* to add his name to Mags list and hike again)