[cdt-l] Re: want to join Rafi's organization?

rafi et. al.,
i should have read all the back cdt-l's before i shot off my previous
reply,sorry.  i was amused by your quandry, rafi.  i can just picture you
sitting on your backpack at Waterton Lakes, scratching your head when a
dayhiker asked you the seemingly simple question, "what's the Continental
Divide".  we shouldn't think too hard, we may hurt ourselves!
it is interesting that something as clear-cut as the Divide has such a
glaring anomaly at Two-Ocean Pass.  i imagine the original cartographers
laughed at the field agents who came back to the office saying that a creek
split in two and headed down both sides of the Divide.  they must have been
drunk or halucinating, right?!
has anyone seen a creek split anywhere else?  i always tell people i have
see creeks split around islands and rejoin, but never stay split!  not even
around a ridge and then rejoined miles later.  I think God had a little
smirk on his face when he got the idea to make Two Ocean Creek.
take care,
mikeE