From: Matthew Abernathy <mabernathy@mail.com>
To: <cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 1:13 PM
Subject: [cdt-l] cdta/cdts?

> Hello cdt-l folks, i usually lurk on these lists but i am curious as to
why there is a cdt alliance and a cdt society.  what is the difference
between the two?  are their agendas so different that they can't work
together on a trail that isn't complete and protected?  someone mentioned to
me that one of the organizations supports motor vehicle use and maybe that
is why they separate.  Also i noticed that the cdta puts out "the official
guide" while the cdts has the jim wolf guides.  are they proponents of
similar routes, or do they differ there as well?

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=http://
www.getpennytalk.com