[cdt-l] back from 2001 hike

Sly,

My maps worked out great.  I was really happy with
them.  All those hours drawing the little red line
paid off.  The biggest drawback to them was that they
took forever to print!  I suppose if one has a better
ink-jet, one might not have such a problem!

I had a few mistakes on the maps & made a lot of notes
for anything confusing or interesting.  I mailed the
annotated maps back to my folks house & hope to update
the master (electronic) copy sometime in December.

I'd like to get these out to people as cheaply as
possible, but I have to figure out what the copyright
nuances are first.  I won't have time to do that until
December.

One thing I really liked was the size of the finished
maps.  8.5x11 was really handy. If you've ever tried
to look at (or fold) one of those poster-sized maps in
the wind at 13,000 ft, you'll know what I mean!

One drawback to my maps was the lack "periphery"
information.  If you have to bail off the trail for
any reason, you need to know "what's out there".  I
hope to address this somewhat when I update the maps
this winter.

good luck!

-Jonathan