[cdt-l] getting to Waterton lakes...

On Wed, 16 May 2001 10:54:45 -0700 "Jonathan Ley"
<over_somewhere@yahoo.com> writes:
> Does anyone know if there is still a shuttle service from East
> Glacier
> to Waterton Lakes? (or from St. Mary)  I called Glacier Park Inc,
> and
> got conflicting information (first they said they only transported
> their
> hotel guests & package tourists, later they said they had no
> transportation to Canada at all).  The people at Glacier NP had no
> idea.
>
> I really wouldn't prefer to start my hike with a cross-border
> hitch...
> Does anyone on this list know somebody who's starting a hike in
> early June? & how they're getting to the trailhead?

Don't know about now. A couple years ago one could take a "Jammer" bus
from East Glacier Lodge, to Prince Edward Lodge near Waterton, then was
$45 one way. Also there is no one way drop off from tourist boats from
Waterton to the border, so its about a 12-15 mole hike from the Prince
lodge to the border. If Jammer bus still runs, get to East Glacier a day
ahead, stay at one of the 2 hostels, ( walking distance to East lodge)
catch bus next morn, as it leaves early.Might call those hostels, should
have info on the Jammer bus.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.