[cdt-l] Map scales?

Although the program to use is open to question, I have been using the
All-Topo program for Wyoming to compile my own maps.  The Big Topo tool
allows the user to patch several 7 1/2  minute topos together into one map
then to force print to whatever scale you wish.

The program takes a little getting used to but the ability to create maps to
fit your needs is great.  The cost is a little high but is certainly less
than buying several topos to cover the entire trail.

An option that I have used where I will not be following any recognized
trail - FS or CDT or otherwise - is to force print my maps to fit on 8x11
paper and cover areas of 8 miles by 4 miles.  If I need additional detail, I
can expand area and use a 1inch = .2 miles for fine detail.

The cost is between $100 and $120 per state - a little high but certainly
better than buying several topos.

Ted