[cdt-l] Map scales?

In a message dated 3/26/2001 7:49:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiritbear2k@hotmail.com writes:

> In the areas where we used BLM/USGS maps (Great Basin in Wyoming and most of
> NM), the 1:100,000 maps worked fine. USGS no longer makes the 15 minute
> maps
> (Darn it, those were good) and the County maps (about 1:50,000 I think)
> aren't available for WY or NM.  They are available for Colorado, but  the
> TI
> maps are much better.

The Horror!  Maps.....   I still haven't look at a single map of the CDT, but
I'm getting this picture.  You get the maps from the CDTS, Forest Service,
BLM etc. them draw your route?  Is this along exsisting trails ON that map?
How would you do that?  It appears most of the time, most lose their route
and end up finding their way anyway.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html