[cdt-l] Snow Pack

In a message dated 03/06/2001 8:48:02 AM Mountain Standard Time,
over_somewhere@yahoo.com writes:

<< Is there anyone on this list who lives in N MT & can give
 a first-hand observation/opinion?

I am in Lolo, Montana; we've had really warm weather for the past week (up to
40 or so).  Although it hasn't rained, the snow on southfacing slopes is
melting quickly from the sun.  I reckon the valleys/drainages are still
packed-in where there is sufficient tree cover.  Despite the higher temps and
sun, I don't think Spring is here already.