[cdt-l] cdt MAPS

In a message dated 6/8/2001 3:03:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jjolson@uwyo.edu writes:

> I got the five cds from John Dragotto and have spent many a happy hour
> tracing
> where the trail should be, or exploring weekend trips on or near it.  John's
> work is muy valuable in my opinion, even if you're just a map geek like I
> seem

LOL, that's funny....

What I like about Johathan's maps, the route is already traced with the main
route in red and alternates traced in purple.  Cross country (non trail) is
dashed in either red or purple.

I believe Jonathan's main route was drawn in conjunction with Jim Wolf's
guidebooks, perhaps the alternatives, but until he's actually on the trail,
it's too early to tell whether they will be of value of not.

Anyway, I haven't talked to a person yet that isn't "often lost" on the CDT,
whatever maps they use.  Even with the strip maps in question, I would hope
I'd have a general idea of where I am and could (should be able to) get back
to the area depicted.

Perhaps the most daunting non-feature of the maps is lack of emergency
bailout points.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html