[cdt-l] Bear Spray in Canada

Canadian Customs Regs allow bear spray. It is not considered a weapon. BUT!
Many custom people don't know what the regs are so it is best not to bring
it up unless you are asked about it. I have carried it across the border
many times and have talked to several custom people about the subject and
they all have a different understanding. I ran into a backcountry warden
while hiking the GDT last summer and he said many custom agents consider it
illegal because chemical sprays are considered a weapon in Canada. If you
explain to them that this is a legal pepper spray they can easily check it
out. At $45 a can it's worth the debate.
--Keep Smilin', Dick E. Bird
www.dickebird.com