[cdt-l] synthetic versus down bags ...

> From: "Ginny & Jim Owen" <spiritbear2k@hotmail.com>
> To: cdt-l@backcountry.net
> Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:15:11 -0500
> Subject: [cdt-l] sleeping quilts
>
> One thing to think about - the CDT can be a much colder trail than the
> PCT.  As southbounders, we had about 6 weeks of summer, the rest was
mostly a winter hike.
### Mara?!?!?!? "...Mostly a winter hike." I'm outta here!!!

> Saving weight is terrific, but not if it means being seriously
uncomfortable.
### OK, Ginny, how was the .... 'sleep time' moisture? As a long-confirmed
synthetic insulation guy (who's never spent the night out west of the
Mississippi), I'm thinking the CDT'd be the place for a nice down bag. Is
it dry enough even for us weather-paranoids? Do you think your year had
typical weather?

Thanks much,
Sloetoe

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10