[cdt-l] sleeping quilts

--part1_f8.6437b2e.2785f65a_boundary

Avoid the GoLite quilt. It's secured by velcro tabs and leaves gaping holes
thru which precious heat may be lost, and the temperature rating is grossly
optimistic. It's also not down. Me and my Honey use the Western
Mountaineering Aspen, a semi-rectangular down bag that unzips flat. There's a
cotton-poly coupler available, with slots to hold sleeping pads in place. I'd
think that the same sheet made of silk would be more effective, but I dunno
where/how to get/make one. 'Course you could always skip the undersheet
altogether, as GoLite does.

sbj2@dana.ucc.nau.edu writes:

> With the
> extensive amount of logistical planning I must do for this hike I would
> prefer not to have to purchase a sewing machine to make my own quilt--
> Has anyone tried GoLite's two-person quilt or a similar product?

--part1_f8.6437b2e.2785f65a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Avoid the GoLite quilt. It's secured by velcro tabs and leaves gaping holes <BR>thru which precious heat may be lost, and the temperature rating is grossly <BR>optimistic. It's also not down. Me and my Honey use the Western <BR>Mountaineering Aspen, a semi-rectangular down bag that unzips flat. There's a <BR>cotton-poly coupler available, with slots to hold sleeping pads in place. I'd <BR>think that the same sheet made of silk would be more effective, but I dunno <BR>where/how to get/make one. 'Course you could always skip the undersheet <BR>altogether, as GoLite does.
<BR>