[cdt-l] Gear?

At 11:29 PM 2/23/01 +0000, Nate Young blasted the following out into the ether:
>I think I might have wrote this earlyer about me and a friend doing a part
>of the CDT over the San Jauns in Co this summer.  I was just wondering
>what kind on sleeping system to use.  I guided there for two summers and
>used a synthetic 0 degree bag, which was a bit over kill at times.  This
>time around I'm looking at about something in a 15 degree range and
>definetly down.  I'm tempted to use a half bag and jacket to save
>weight.  Some people say its hard to get a good night's sleep in a half
>bag.  I went on a climbing trip with only a bunch of cloths and no
>sleeping bag to test the idea, and I got to admit I didn't have that much
>of a good time.  Of course, I didn't have a serious enough hood or foot
>covering that a good jacket and half bag would have.  Is the half bag
>still a good idea?  What have you guys used or plan on using up high?  Thanks

      I have only ever used a full bag, the most recent being for
relatively mile weather -- a Sierra Designs 20 degree bag.  Can't think of
the name just now, but it's a fairly lightweight bag that REI was selling a
few years ago.

      I'm sure others on the list will have more experience than me, so
let's hear it...
      Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico         DM84jk N34d 25.446m W103d 12.700m (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)