[cdt-l] Another Colorado question

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:43:18 -0500 "Ginny & Jim Owen"
<spiritbear2k@hotmail.com> writes:
> Paul -
> Coming in from the north side, there is a permit booth next to one
> of the > lakes, right at the trailhead.

Pretty familiar with that booth. And the crowds of Indian Peaks, too. :O
(Reminds me of my old stomping ground of  the Whites back in New
Hampshire...beautiful, but crowded).

> of three of the campgrounds by the lake.  It would be a good idea to
> call to  > find out about the permit process if you are going to be
there
> earlier.

Since I plan on hiking Northbound when I do the CDT, more than likely
that will be the case. Thanks for the info...

> If you choose to the do the wierd loop through RMNP, there is a
> ranger

You know, I actually did a good chunk of the weird loop on my own one
long weekend, before I even knew it was one of the routes of the CDT.
Was pretty, but since I have already done it, do not know if I want to go
through the hassle of a permit. Guess it will depend on when I show up
(ie. is it during the week, on a weekend?)

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.