[cdt-l] Another Colorado question

The Indian Peaks were mentioned as an alternative CDT route. Must say,
this alternative sounds like a good choice. The Indian Peaks are
gorgeous, and the actual divide goes through part of it.

Snowshoeing today in those peaks, a question popped up in mind. Indian
Peaks Wilderess is a NF land that actually requites a  permit. So, how
does a CDT hiker go about getting a permit issue work? Do you call one of
the ranger offices that serve that district ahead of time, while in town?
Do you stealth camp it?  Curious to how this logistic problem was dealt
with...

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
 segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.