From: Ellinwood, Bob
To: 'cdt-l@mailman.backcountry.net'
Sent: 2/14/01 8:43 PM
Subject: RE: [cdt-l] two questions about Colorado

Ginny,

Don't know the new developments about the RMNP loop, but last summer we
were
at Jones Pass and talked with a FS volunteer who was involved with the
trail-building south of Jones Pass. The quote I got was that there was
still
considerable trail to be built.  Unless I've completely lost it, I
believe I
remember him citing as much as 30 miles of construction left to do.  I
would
translate that into several years work, at least.  We did Jim Wolf's
route
up Bobtail drainage over Ptarmigan Pass to Silverthorne and enjoyed it.
Great views along that stretch looking south toward Dillon Reservoir,
Ten
Mile Range and Gore Range!

Bob