[cdt-l] resupply stops and more NM ?'s

Hello,

Highway 93, a paved road, crosses Lost Trail Pass. From there you can either
descend to one of the following:

On the South side:

1. Gibbonsville, ID: Used to have a PO, but it is closed. However the Broken
Arrow will hold parcels. There is a mexican restaurant, cabins, and camping.
The owner is very receptive to CDT hikers and helped Stephen Pern on his
thru-hike. Gibbonsville is 15 miles from the pass.

2. Salmon, ID: Farther away and has most of the amenities of a larger town.

On the North side:

1. Sula, MT: There is a PO that's a mile of so away from the new KOA
facility. There's camping, cabins, small store w/ gourmet coffe and
micro-brew beer, and a deli. The owners were away when I called in a year
ago, but the manager was receptive to holding parcels. I recommend
contacting them before sending anything. Sula is 13 miles from the pass.

*Note: Wisdom has 2 places to lodge, restaurants, small store, PO, FS office
and free camping outside of town. In the past it has been utilized by many,
not that there are many, CDT-thru-hikers. The only down side is that HWY 43
is lightly travelled to and from Wisdom, whereas HWY 93 is a major N-S route
that receives more traffic.

>From experience I recommend Gibbonsville or Sula based on the receptiveness
of the areas merchants, the distance from the trail, and probability of
getting a ride. Another consideration is the Hot Springs Lodge that's north
from the pass. You may do well to contact them and determine whether or not
they will hold a parcel...provided you lodge a night. If memory serves me
correctly then the Lodge is about halfway between the pass and Sula.

The option is yours.

Good luck,

David