[cdt-l] New Mexico.......

Sly,

There aren't that many places that fit your description in New Mexico.
However in August my estimation is that you'd want to be in the high
country. A nice section that entails "official" CDT and some x-c is from
Cuba to Ghost Ranch or you could do a lot of X-C and continue from Ghost
Ranch to Cumbres Pass.

As far as contacting private land owners I'd steer from those routes where
CDT hikers have not been traditionally welcome. Otherwise most of the routes
for NM are on public land...not on the highways as others have espoused.

Good luck,

David Patterson