[cdt-l] 2001 town stops

Thought people might want a list of the stops I used
this summer.  I plan to expand / add more details on
this later.  I was happy with my choices - everything
worked out well.

One thing, I heard via trail registers that a couple
of 2001ers got busted for hitching in Wyoming.
Apparently it's illegal in that state.  I didn't have
a problem, but you may want to keep it low-key.  One
group reported that a cop gave them a warning, then
parked across the street and watched them.  They had
to just "look pathetic" (no thumbs) until somebody
stopped.

East Glacier (backpacker's inn - $10 plywood & foam
bunks!)
Benchmark
Lincoln
Butte (hitched south on I-10, only hit Butte once)
Anaconda (one car every 30 minutes - hitch from hell!)
Salmon (66 miles!!! there's a PO at North Fork, ID,
but no services... got a $7 rural transit bus back to
trail)
Leadore (tough hitch, dirt road, but there isn't
really any other choice)
Lima
Mack's Inn (Hitched up to W. Yellowstone too)
Old Faithful
Dubois (easy hitch)
Big Sandy Lodge
South Pass City (Also stopped at Lander - long story)
Jeffery City (nice way to split up the desert)
Rawlins
Encampment
Steamboat Springs
Grand Lake
Silverthorne
Twin Lakes
Salida (only made it to commercial sprawl on edge of
town)
Lake City
Pagosa Springs
Chama
Ghost Ranch (4 stars! & 3 Cheers!)
Cuba
Grants
Pie Town
Reserve (long hitch, but not tough)
Cliff Dwellings NM (not holding any packages currently
due to gov't terrorist scare, etc.  hopefully this
will change)
Silver City
Hachita (only got a meal here, carried lots of food
out of silver city)

-Jonathan