[cdt-l] alcohol stoves

David's right - you'll either mail yourself fuel, thereby being dependent on
maildrops or you'll use the locally available fuel (gasoline) with
occasional access to white gas or Coleman fuel.  We used a Whisperlite
International for both the CDT and the PCT and never had a problem finding
fuel.  As I recall, in Cuba, NM it cost me 17 cents to fill a 22 oz fuel
bottle with regular unleaded gas at the local Amoco station.  Gasoline works
well in the International - it justs burns a little dirtier.

Hmm - I'm mistaken - there was no fuel of ANY kind at Atlantic City or South
Pass, WY.  The nearest gas station was 38 miles away in Lander.  Another
good reason for resupplying in Lander.

I'll repeat this - it ain't the AT.  If you expect it to be, you'll find
yourself in trouble sooner or later.

Walk softly,
Jim

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart