[cdt-l] (Guest Post) hello from the CDT

In a message dated 8/29/01 12:51:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
over_somewhere@yahoo.com writes:

<< I had to miss
 Big Sandy -> South Pass City as my (our) resupply
 package didn't show up in time. (Priority mail
 in Wyoming seems to be slower than parcel post
 for some reason).

Sorry to hear about your resupply problem.  I used UPS to ship to Big Sandy,
and had absolutely no problem with delivery to S. Pass City.  In fact, I sent
a first class envelope there last Friday afternoon and it was there Tuesday
morning!  I've had slower deliveries across-town.

<< I didn't have my regular maps
 for the divide basin, so I followed the official
 route (mostly).  The water sources were all pretty
 decent, never more than ~18 miles between... and
 most of them were rather clean.

Glad to hear your good news about the water sources in the GDB.  Brian is
crossing the basin now, and should reach Rawlins sometime tomorrow
(Saturday.)

<< I'm on track to
 be in the San Juans by 2nd week in October.  Every
 other person I meet either says "that's way too
 late" or "that's no problem at all"... I guess
 we'll see what mother nature has to say.

Let's hope the optimists are right.  Brian plans to reach Cumbres Pass about
September 23rd.  He will probably cross paths with you somewhere down toward
Steamboat Springs.  Have a great hike!