[cdt-l] CDT 2002 partners

In a message dated 8/20/2001 6:51:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
adventurousjen@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm looking for others who are interested in hiking the cdt in 2002 from
> south to north.  I'd like to do a continuous journey north starting in
> late April or early May and do more trail/cross country hiking than road
> walking.&

My tentative plan is to start NM from Antelope Wells around April 20th with
the idea of getting to Charma mid-June with the least amount of road walk,
taking the scenic route.  My map and compass skills are adequate at best and
since they haven't been truly tested, I'm allowing time to get tuned on the
trail.  I'm also not planning on many 20+ mile days, atleast until later in
the hike, breaking in slowing.

There's a very good chance I'll flip to Canada once reaching Charma, but that
all depends on snow in the San Juans (and Montana).  My reasons being, if I
have to flip I'd like to hold it to one and at the same time using Jim Wolf's
guidebooks, as written, in a north to south fashion.  I really don't feel the
one time flip will break up the continuity of my hike and I'm beginning to
like the idea of starting and ending in NM.  Having a friend in Albuquerque,
to get me (or us) on and off the trail, doesn't hurt either.

I think it would be ideal to start with a small, flexible group.  Stay in
touch!

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html