[cdt-l] CDT ways and means.......

Howdy,

I think I've decided on what direction I'll be heading next year.  Of course,
nothing is etched in stone, especially on this trail, but I'm considering
going north through New Mexico and if the conditions are right, flipping from
there and hiking south from Canada.  I figure this way I have the legs to
help me any snow in Montana and I'll be able to read the guidebooks as
written.

I'll probably start earlier than most northbounders, taking it a little easy,
which will be easier on the body and allow time to brush up on route finding.
 I'm still a little perplexed as to the routes I'll be taking, but next month
I get together with CDT alumni and will be able to take a look at his maps
and figure something out.

I'm also going to purchase a Suunto X-Lander.  One of those wrist computer,
altimeter, compass, watch, barometer things.  A buddy of mine who works for
Galayn's says he can pro deal one for me CHEAP, and has already talked to the
rep about my plans.  I think it will come in very handy.

That's about it for now,

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html