[cdt-l] Thanks for Cuba dialogues was ...Re: CDT-L digest, Vol 1 #64 - 7 msgs

Not to take sides in a conversation that looks like it's headed for
consensus anyway, but just wanted to say thanks for the thoughtful posts
on the nexus between land policy, economic development, cultural heritage,
route finding (in the macro and micro), and the actual boots-in-dirt
hiking that we do. I think that nexus plays an important role in setting
the stage for a hiker's mindset when they actually choose to hit the
trail. The AT's heritage is known far and wide, from colonial times
through the Depression through the earliest route finding and trail
building through to the contemporary. The CDT to date lacks such a
heritage -- at least in terms of its getting a wide desemination -- and
that, to me, is a loss for those might be motivated to traverse it. The
recent posts put a lot of things in perspective, so thanks for your
contributions, all.

Sloetoe
Ga->Me'79

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10