[cdt-l] weather

I just passed through New Mexico yesterday on my way back from hiking in Big
Bend. Currently I am in Pagosa Springs enjoying a brilliant winter storm
while soaking in the hot springs. (For a while it looked like winter was
over!)

The northern ranges in NM are still holding snow, but a lot has melted out
with the recent hot weather. The surface melt is lower than expected due to
parched ground soaking up the water. The storm moving through now should
help with the dry conditions and pending fire season.

David