Re: [CDT-L] Fw: Earthlights from Space Station

Hi Karen, all,

Not to be picking at you.., but what is cool to some is a VERY disgusting
sight to others. The lights you find so pretty is also BILLIONS of dollars of
wasted electricty(30+% of all light is wasted on upward shining). Think of all
the wasted fuel needed to generate that light, all the polution to the air,
and damned rivers that we think we need...., when we then waste it.

Very sad to me. All those lights also rob people from being able to look up
and see the REAL beauty of lights, the stars.

..again, not picking at or preaching to you. I just think we sometime don't
realize that some of that "beauty" has a very high price tag on our mother
earth.

Merry Christmas all.

James