Re: [CDT-L] aquifer

James,

Thanks for your response. I didn't realize domestic water supplies were so
threatened. However, with the ranching and irrigation practices you
described it's no surprise.

One thing I'd like to address (as Karen mentioned) is that I didn't mean to
limit the pending water crisis to the needs of CDT hikers. Nevertheless this
is a CDT forum so I limited my querry to that end.

Regarding windmills in New Mexico I found it absurd that every holding tank
that I encountered except for one was uncovered. It makes no sense to
"continuously" pump water into holding tanks that are exposed to the
atmosphere. Does anyone know if anything is being done to conserve water in
that regard?

David Patterson