Re: [CDT-L] New Lister (Purism is not the Issue)

 Jim:

     I was hoping to avoid the prolonged diatribe that was originally
 associated with your post (below): it misses my point (again).  However,
 your closing line seems to beg a response in spite of my hopes that we
would
 have changed the subject by now.  Therefore,  I too will make this
 *genuinely* as short as I can, sweet and hopefully polite.

     It is not for me to try to negatively influence a persons hike. Nor is
 it yours or Ginny's, in my opinion.  I would hope you (or Ginny) is not
 doing *anything* to negatively influence the possibility of Betsy
 considering a purist hike in regards to that which *is* officially marked
on
 the CDT.

     Ginny has offered an opinion.  She has every right to do so and may not
 need you to defend it, or her. In a similar manner, I think it a valid
 opinion that her audience(s) realize her opinion is not the only one.

     If you agree that a hiker should consider all of their options
regarding
 a hike and not be negatively influenced by other hikers' positions in
 regards to how they hike their hike, you have been,  and are, in agreement
 with me.

     However, if you disagree and would like to share relevant
discussion/disagreements farther, I'd respectfully invite you to send them
 to me alone as the list is now probably saturated with both opinions.  If
 you do, I'll not raise the issue of your intellect.

 Mike
 Ga - Me '99
 Clovis, NM
 csrm@pdrpip.com

 ------original message follows in part-------

 Mike -
 I'll make this short - but not necessarily sweet.

 1. ...
 2....
 3....
 4....
5....
6....
7....
8....
9....
etc....
 etc....

 Walk softly,
 Jim

 PS - It's NOT necessary to include the entire thread in your reply.