RE: [CDT-L] New Lister - Thanks!

Thanks for all the responses! I've ordered a copy of David Patterson's book,
and am pulling out the maps to help put perspective on everyone's comments.
Sifting thru all the posts, I am getting a feel for the state and character
of the CDT. This is some of what appeals about it. I grew up with the desert
and mountain wildness of the southwest. Exploring it without white blazes,
shelters or mile-by-mile guidebooks seems more appropriate. I will reserve
judgement on the purest/non-purest thing for now. Even on the AT, each
individual sets their own definition of "purist"... follow every white
blaze, slackpacking (or not), etc. The CDT just has more variables to
consider.

Planning is half the fun,

Betsy