No Subject

Greetings!
Had a good hike through the Weminuche Wilderness of the San Juans.  Good but
hot weather for 4 days, which the bow and muzzle loaders didn’t like because
the elk were too hot to move during the day.  Saw a herd of elk the 4th day,
as well as blue birds, robins (always), juncos, 1 bald eagle, hawks,
flickers, gray jays, Stellar’s jays, marmots, konis, etc.  Beautiful, open
forests.  Snowed above 5000 ft. the last night, so walked through a lot of
slush and wet brush the 5th and last day; was glad to be getting out.  Ended
up walking from Wolf Creek Pass north of  Pagosa Springs, CO to the exit
into Cunningham Gulch outside of Silverton, CO.  The San Juan scenery is
grand, majestic, high (10,000 to 12,500 ft. elevations generally – lots of
huffing and puffing) and just plain unique – a very worthwhile visit.
Enough for the CDT!  Although I didn’t hike middle CO and the
Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness in MT, (which is being spoiled for a long time
by the fires currently burning) I feel like “I’ve seen it all”.  No current
long-distance hiking plans – will rest and think about it for a while.
Hope you had a good summer and that the winter holds new adventures and
rewards for you.
Bill