[CDT-L] Re: Ghost Ranch

In a message dated 8/25/00 10:06:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
writes:

<<
       Apparently Brian isn't on the list.  I would suggest any answers be
 cc: 'd to him as well as to the list.

       Earl
 ______________________________

 >From: "Robinson, Brian A" <brian.robinson@compaq.com>
 >To: "'cdt-l'" <cdt-l@backcountry.net>
 >Subject: Ghost Ranch
 >Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:07:31 -0700
 >
 >Hi all,
 >
 >I'm going through the seemingly endless process of planning for a CDT
 >thru-hike in '01 and I have a question about Ghost Ranch near Abiquiu New
 >Mexico.  I'd like to use it as a resupply point as recommended by David
 >Patterson in "Alternative Routes," but I can't figure out exactly where the
 >resupply point is on my BLM and/or National Forest maps.
 >
 >1)  Patterson lists "Ghost Ranch Conference Center, Abiquiu NM 87510" as the
 >resupply point.
 >
 >2)  There is a couple square mile piece of private property called "Ghost
 >Ranch" at the mouth of Arroyo del Yeso.
 >
 >3)  There is a "Ghost Ranch Living Museum" on Hwy 84 apparently run by the
 >Forest Service.  This is a couple miles from #2.
 >
 >So where is #1 on my map?  I don't mind losing the trail once in a while,
 >but I'm not eager to lose a resupply point if you know what I mean.
 >
 >Thanks in advance for any help,
 >Brian Robinson

The Conference Center is at the Ghost Ranch at the mouth of Arroyo del Yeso.
For more details, see the guidebook (Carson National Forest Segment, Section
4).

Continental Divide Trail Society
3704 N. Charles St. (#601)
Baltimore MD 21218