Re: [CDT-L] Spam

At 10:21 PM 6/29/00 -0600, Earl Needham blasted the following out into the
ether:
<snip>
>      You see, although I am listed as the "moderator" or "list-owner", I
> have never been given ANY control over the list.  I don't have a server
> the list runs on, Milt allows us space on his.  I have no passwords or
> control sequences.  If something needs to be changed or fixed, I have to
> email two other folks and hope they're responsive to our needs.

      In view of the above, I've had a suggestion to consider -- should we
try to migrate the list over to Egroups?  It would entail a bit of change
in the addressing of the list, and emails would contain the Egroups ads at
the bottom.

      It's up to the group, but if we were to move, we could probably stop
the spamming in short order.

      Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico         DM84jk N34d 25.446m W103d 12.700m (or so)
PGP Key ID 0xC3FDA66E

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)