Re: [CDT-L] Spam

At 07:00 PM 12/31/70 -0400, Dick E. Bird blasted the following out into the
ether:
>I am getting more spam mail from this list than CDT conversation. How do
>spammers get on these pipelines? Just curious.
>The Dick E. Bird News
>P.O. Box 377
>Acme, MI 49610

      I have no idea.  I'm as frustrated as you, perhaps more so.

      Several times I've asked the guys who run the listserver to change
CDT-L so that only subscribers may post.  Maybe they'll help us out this time.

      You see, although I am listed as the "moderator" or "list-owner", I
have never been given ANY control over the list.  I don't have a server the
list runs on, Milt allows us space on his.  I have no passwords or control
sequences.  If something needs to be changed or fixed, I have to email two
other folks and hope they're responsive to our needs.

      Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico         DM84jk N34d 25.446m W103d 12.700m (or so)
PGP Key ID 0xC3FDA66E

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)