[CDT-L] water

Jim & Ginny,

Your comments regarding water on the CDT are true. Of all the trails it has
the worst water. I remember filtering water near Monida Pass with herd of
cattle a few yards upstream. In addtion to drinking they had no qualms about
defiling the stream with excrement. Besides that time and Scissors Crossing
on the PCT I can't think of worse water!
Well, maybe those stagnant stock ponds, but I never could bring myself to
partake of those unrefreshing waters.

Keep in mind water in CO is sometimes polluted from mining too. In fact
there are entire rivers that are "dead" because of leach ponds that were
breached and-or leaked into nearby streams. Use common sense: if there are
tailings above the source then it's likely contaminated. Also, if the water
is red or severely discolored you probably don't want to attempt drinking
it.