Re: [CDT-L] re: Holy Smokes

At 08:38 AM 2/27/00 -0800, David Patterson wrote:
>Earl, I don't think Roger or anybody called you names. Perhaps you are
>reading too far into his post. Besides, he did retract what he said in the
>spirit of good faith and apology.

         Yes, that's true.  But the fact is, most people on the list seem
to either

         1.  Think I should ENJOY being called a Fascist, or
         2.  Claim it never happened.

>Regarding war, there's no war except you ranting and raving about what we
>can and can not communicate about.

         I disagree.  I have NOT been ranting and raving.  If I had, I
would have posted about 20 messages that I actually wrote and
deleted.  I've actually sent 4 messages on the subject, and this is my
fifth.  I count somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 messages total on the
subject.

         And I've never told anybody what they could or could not
communicate about, except on the list.  I've suggested they take the
discussion to private email.  There IS a difference there, whether people
want to see it or not.

>Though I appreciate you putting together the list, I don't think it should
>remain a purely self serving interest.

         If this were "a purely self serving interest", don't you think I'd
have been booting people off the list?  BTW, isn't there already a list
somewhere that does that?

>Like Karen Berger stated, we should and will communicate about the trail,
>politics included, and if you don't want to participate in the discussion
>that's fine. If things get out of line, then by all means feel free to
>step in and redirect the forum. Otherwise let it live, lest it dies and
>returns to the way it was before.

         As I posted last night -- go ahead.  Post about anything you
like.  I've tried to be a voice of reason and got reactions that I can
hardly believe.  This certainly isn't the group I thought it was.

         I think I'll go to the mountains for a while -- probably Gallinas
Peak, near Corona, NM.  I'd be pleased to meet anyone up there this
afternoon and visit.

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico	DM84jk N3425.446' W10312.700' (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)