Re: [CDT-L] re: Holy Smokes

At 08:13 PM 2/26/00 -0700, Michael Bleakley wrote:
><snip>
>Nobody is out of breath on this end.  I suggest banal remarks be held and
>thought about before sending on.  Earl, if you feel this discussion thread
>has been a war, then I suggest you evaluate whether you have the proper
>temperament to be a list master.

         Perhaps I don't, if that would require me to accept being called
names as shown here:

At 08:19 PM 2/25/00 -0800, somebody sent:
>Earl, I respect your opinions, even if I disagree with them.  But telling
>people what they CANNOT talk about is worse than politics.  It's fascism!

         I don't like where this discussion is leading.  My second post on
the subject said that it would lead to arguments and fighting, and it's
done exactly that.

>Should someone feel the need to jetison
>a person for offering viewpoints here I am
><mailto:trout@amigo.net>trout@amigo.net

         I posted that I don't do that.  I've never considered throwing
anybody off the list.

>I shall continue to live near the trail, go to meetings that impact on the
>trail, be member of organizations that seek to defend, enhance, and preserve
>the trail,  hike on the trail, and wave hello as you hike thru.

         That's cool.  If everybody wants to discuss politics, let's get to
it.  But I don't like it, and I think there's going to be more trouble coming.

         But I'd rather hear more about the trail.

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico	DM84jk N3425.446' W10312.700' (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)