[CDT-L] Sender: owner-cdt-l@backcountry.net

Earl said:
 >>I think we can do without this on the list.  If someone wants to
send political messages, I suggest they do so in PRIVATE email.<<

I have no intention to turn CDT-L into a forum for any candidates.  But I'm
surprised you think that anything to do with politics does not belong here.
The CDT, and any national scenic trail, is subject to the political whims in
so many ways.  The recent issues that have been discussed here on the list
such as permits, fees, route decisions, development along the CDT corridor,
etc. all are often made based on political leanings of the people in power
to make those decisions.  When people voice their opinions about such
things, it's not politics.  It's freedom of speech.

Earl, I respect your opinions, even if I disagree with them.  But telling
people what they CANNOT talk about is worse than politics.  It's fascism!

Personnally, I don't enjoy political discussions.  But I will encourage
everyone who enjoys the outdoors and the wilderness to make an informed
choice at the polls.

Roger Carpenter
P.O. Box 651
Vancouver, WA  98666