RE: [CDT-L] Trails, attitudes, and hiking our own hike

Although a single path would make it easier to get from point A to point B
my vote would be a collection of routes that are linked together to form
several paths in either direction. I'm not sure that this can be done, but
if there are presently various routes to be take now could they not be join
here and there and then split. This would enable different variations on the
same route. You could hike the CDT  several times and take different routes
along the way. If one is impassable take an alternate.

I am not proposing crisscross the backcountry with trails. As it is now with
multiple choice just tie present trails together at key points. Is this not
feasible? They can all be designated as the CDNST and with map & compass (or
even GPS) you take your desired route.

What's your vote?
Single trail - 1
Various trails - 1