RE: [CDT-L] GPS overkill?

Well said.  A GPS will provide direction back to a marked waypoint regardless of
visibility, weather or conditions that would make a compass difficult, if not
impossible, to use.  Once I mark a point, I know I can get to it, plain and
simple.  I never proclaim it to be a substitute for a compass, rather a
supplement.  Often times, a GPS is not needed, but it adds an additional amount
of navigating security.