Re: [CDT-L] Trail differences?

Karen,

All the guides depict different routes. That's why I put together
Alternative Routes for the CDT. It can be extremely daunting when planning,
or even worse when you're trying to find your way in a lightning storm etc.
Regardless of your pre-trip planning you will have to make concessions on
the CDT because of unforseen variables like weather, time, and natural
disaster.

Although there are likely superior routes for the CDT, there is no right or
wrong way to hike it. In fact, I like it the way it is: incomplete. It's
more of an adventure that way and a real challenge. Plus, I'd rather pick
and choose where I want to hike rather than have someone corral me with an
official route that isn't always the most scenic or advantageous way to
hike.

Also, of all the thru-hikers I know of that have hiked the CDT, none of them
have taken the exact same route all the way down.

Good questions, thanks for bringing some life to the forum. Hey anybody else
out there?