[CDT-L] filters

 jim-ginny ...
    congratulations on completion of your thru-hike! [and thanks for the town
info].
   second that endorsement for the msr filter from lparker ...  my waterworks
II worked fine [with an occasional scrubbing] until just two weeks short of
kathadin on my '94 at thru-hike. [i finished with iodine tabs]
   the msr's original filter would probably have lasted the entire trek, had
i been more careful with pre-filtering [i.e. coffee filter around the intake,
allowing sediment to settle, etc.]  only wish that it were lighter!
blaze