[at-l] Re:Civil War Books

>it's bawdy; also, maybe someone can recommend a good Civil War book or two,
One of the best books on the American Civil War that I've read is called
_Hardtack and Coffee_ by John Billings (I think).  It was written in the
1880's by a fellow who lived through the war in the light artillery.  It is
an excellent book full of lots of little details of soldier life and such.
Not much on names and dates or generals and battles, just a good read that
talks about the experiences of the common soldiers.  It's illustrated with
line drawings as well.

There are several reprints available, but I don't know if any are paper back.

Take Care,
Tom

-----
http://mathomhouse.com