Re: [at-l] Future Thru-Hiker Survey Results - Long but worth it

OK!  Fun survey, thanks for sharing, Kristen.  But it brings to mind new
questions!

Like--What are you bringing to read?  (I think I'll start with Chaucer's
"Canterbury Tales"--appropos because it takes place on a pilgrimmage, plus
it's bawdy; also, maybe someone can recommend a good Civil War book or two,
since it looks like a lot of the southern part of trail goes through areas
rich in history from that conflict).

Like--What are you giving up to do this hike?  (Six months with my
daughter, sigh.)

Like--what in the world is a "traditional" thru-hike?  And, by extension,
what is "non-traditional?"  "Hike your own hike" means "I'll hike it my
way, you hike it yours."  Does "traditional" mean "You hike it your way,
and I'll hike it the right way?"  What were the respondents thinking who
checked that answer?