Re: [at-l] Trespassing on the Ice Ponds

Actually that is not so farfetched. Much Park land around the country was
donated in lieu of taxes and cash during the Great Depression, particularly
when such land holdings became an embarrassment and unusable. There are
several charitable organizations that help landowners donate with favorable
tax implications.

Often by showing respect and appreciation for land, explaining the cultural
significance of the land, and providing some form of quid pro quo (WF
Thorneloe Stinking Duck Reserve for instance), we can aid landowners to
contribute land, easements, use restrictions, and such. By calling them
stinking capitalist pigs, we encourage the sale to DuPont Chemical (just an
unfair example) for a future SuperFund Waste and Wrestling Pit instead.

It is a lot like sincerity - when you learn how to fake it, you really have
the world by the short hairs.

Happy Holidays.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA