new blood

> Well here it goes.  I'm new, I'll admit I've been "lurking" for about two
> weeks now.  I guess you've been calling people like me new blood.  I've
got  dreams (I guess we all do) of hiking some of the Trail this summer.
Either  the end of May or early July.  I want to section hike from Springer
> Maine, but only have about two months off every summer(teacher).  I figure
> it will probably take about ten years maybe more.  I've never hiked any of
> the AT but have hiked alot in Tennessee(never backpacked).  I'm basically
on > a roll to find out as much as I can about anything that applies to
section > hiking for two weeks to a month at a time.  Also am looking for a
hiking > partner at least to start off with.  Any
advice,suggestions,comments?  LJ

1) Welcome!
2) You're in great company. I know there are teachers on the list ¯ now
would be a good time to speak up, Bashful!
3) Ten years times (let's say) three weeks gives you 30 weeks, 2200/30/7=
73.33 miles/week = 10.5 miles/day. Sounds pretty good (from here!)
4) Spurn elevators for the next ten years, as GiveMeChocolate has rightly
suggested. (But don't spurn GMC.) Yule dew phine.
5) Hiking pardners? Not from this list, LJ. We're all wild loners, as you
know. We do, on occasion, end up on the same trail in the same direction at
the same time (made easier by traveling in the same vehicle), but hiking
together? We save that for the Ruck. Maybe Trail Days, if you're at the drum
circle long enough.
6) And we're always deadly serious on this list, too.
7) (Lucky "7") Welcome!

Sloetoe